7.3.09

Windows Customizations: AlienGUIse

Those who have seen my desktop will know, I use a very customised version of Windows XP. The major aesthetic change is the theme: Alienware AlienGUIse's Xenomorph. I quite like the visuals of Windows Vista, and that's as much of Vista that I like. In every other way, XP is superior (except that DX10 is more backward compatible with DX8-optimised programs).

Xenomorph makes my desktop look Vista-ish, without the sluggish handling most systems experience. I normally change the aesthetics (wallpaper, icons, etc) fairly frequently because I am a little bit ADHD and/or Chaotic-aligned, but I have been using Xenomorph for years and without it, XP feels... wrong.

I have now encountered my first issue: VLC's new skin system has a minor incompatability with custom-themed desktops: I can still use the tracking slider but I can't see it. So I am tracking blind. It's not the biggest deal, but it gets annoying sometimes. Also the 'goto time' function of the new VLC has the most un-user-friendly text input available - in short, it sucks something hard.

http://www.alienware.com/community/alienguise/theme-manager.aspx

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home