12.10.13

I knew this would happen; fucking Steam

God damn it. When Steam first came out I was hugely suspicious, bordering on paranoia, that one day I'd wake up and all the games I'd bought wouldn't be playable due to some kind of serverside error or a disconnection from my ISP.

I'm online now, (obviously, as I am posting this) and my computer won't connect to the steam network. The error doesn't give a reason, just that it can't connect. Fuck this.

I want to play Magicka; I was thinking about buying a copy for my little brother because he's well into wizards at the moment and Magicka is flipping awesome. I own a copy (on Steam) and thought I should give a little bit of a playthrough to make sure its not too violent/sweary or to see if such content can be turned off.

I bought this game, Paradox (the developers) have made some great games and charged something entirely reasonable. I'd heard good things, and its fully multiplayer which is a huge plus.

BUT now I can't play a game that I own... because.... Steam. Because Steam is shit. Because it can't connect and won't tell me why not. Because I'm not going to invest my entire Saturday diagnosing exactly what the problem is and attempting to fix it or contact Steam Support to get them to fix it.

I bought Magicka. Ergo I should be able to play it. NOT FREAKING HAPPY JAN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home