14.9.07

Artificial Intelligences on Facebook

So I was mucking around on Facebook today, and I couldn't help but analyze how some of the apps work (I am kind of addicted to the apps, I have so many my computer will barely load the page). So far I have been impressed with the usability and efficiency of AJAX (Asynch. Javascript and XML) on Facebook, but then I realised, while doing a Simpsons quiz,... wait a sec... if the computations are done client-side, then the answers must be sent to me. And sure enough they were.
I had a look at the information being transmitted with Firebug, which I am in love with, and hacked up a little perl user agent, a module which I have been playing around with for almost a month now. And sure enough, a 60-line script and about 20 minutes runtime over a DSL connection, I had the highest score in the game. :P

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home